We all know that marketing budgets have been tight during these tough economic years. Even so, there are several ways you can use video marketing to further your cause without spending a bundle.
Consider these seven tips for boosting your business through video marketing.
- Know your audience. For example, video is the native medium for people under 30. And it’s a wonderful medium for reaching a business audience. Many people simply don’t have the patience to listen to a lengthy presentation, even though they may be very interested in your cause. You may be surprised at the impact you’ll get from showing a 30-second video, as opposed to a 15-minute movie.
- Keep it short. The ideal length of a promotional video is 45 seconds to two minutes, but you may need 30 minutes to 60 minutes of footage in order to tightly craft a powerful appeal.
- Incorporate statistics. Animated pie charts help viewers remember statistics. You can animate a traditional Power-Point presentation with tools just as Prezi.
- Motivate your viewers. Be sure to include a call to action at the conclusion of the video. You should also imbed a link to a donation page in the last frame of the video.
- Spread the word. Post the video on YouTube and Vimeo, as well as the charity’s website. Then, share the link on blogs, through e-newsletters, and through popular social-media portals.
- Don’t forget to share your best practices. Chances are, other businesses have the same challenges and concerns you do. They’ll appreciate garnering how-to tips from your organization.